500 days of Autumn

500 days of Autumn

Sunday 4 March 2012


Gahh.
How does one even find the words to describe the best day of life thus far?
Magical.
He had meticulously planned every detail,driving my overactive curiosity into a fine frenzy as I simply could not figure out where and when he would "pop the question" as they say.A few weeks ago I proposed a ski adventure,and he graciously allowed me to believe that it was my idea.So friday dawned,the idea crossed my mind that maybe..just maybe today was THE day,but quickly discarded it as it was after all the day I "planned".
So together we collected the snacks,our game of choice and set out.The sun shone down on the fresh snow,just as it had on that day two years before when he asked me out. And just like that day our ski's plowed through the drifts,our laughs and songs rang through the trees and excitement was in the air.We reached the cabin and a fire was built,tea was brewed and poured,the snacks were pulled out and scrabble was waiting.He pulled a folded note out of his pocket and read me the most beautiful poem he had written for me.My mind and heart were racing,and due to that,only halfway through did I actually realize it was a poem.The poem ended and he quickly grabbed something from his pack, knelt infront of me and asked me the single most wonderful question in the world.
and I said
OF COURSE!!
The tea? never finished. And that scrabble game? well it'll have to wait.
But that day,something more then a ring was given to me.It was a promise.A promise that I'll get to spend the rest of my days with my best friend.And thats the best part of all.

Gahhh.


6 comments:

Oriana said...

this is tooooo sweet! so happy for y'all...congratulations!! :D

Grace said...

*happy happy sigh* *jumping up and down* *swoon*
I'm so happy for you, K!!!

Abbey said...

still haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face. such a sweet story, kaya. is this lake adam? i love that he asked in the cabin. and a poem? so perfect. congrats times one thousand to the both of you!
xx

Jennifer Laurel said...

Oh how wonderful. I love this so much. I am so delighted for you. Have a wonderful time planning the best day of you life and life with your best friend! :)

Roxanne said...

K! Congratulations to you both! What a lovely story and lovely words as well. A day you will both remember forever and ever. Beautiful ring and you both look so, so overjoyed. I wish you all the happiness there is! xo

Rachael Jane said...

Awwww you almost made my cry! :) So happy for you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.